Frequently asked questions
How do I prepare for an appointment?
You should plan to arrive for your appointment without eye makeup on, or plan to arrive a few minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to remove your eye makeup. Please avoid caffeine prior to the service, as it will make your eyes flutter during the application. If you wear contact lenses, you may want to remove them prior to your service. Additionally, please make us aware if you have trouble lying on your back for an extended period of time, so we can accomodate you.
What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions are semi-permanent and designed and customized to enhance the eyes with a more voluminous, beautiful, and youthful look. Individual extensions are skillfully and meticulously adhered to your natural lashes—one extension to one natural lash at a time. Each single extension is carefully placed on your natural lash with medical grade adhesive. Eyelash Extensions enhance your overall appearance—giving you the benefits of high-quality mascara with a more voluminous look. They are weightless, lustrous, and look like your own—only better.
What is the application process like?
What products are used for the application and is it safe?
Clients can be assured that the best quality and luxury products are being used during their service. The Lash Studio team is certified by the highly regarded and premiere beauty standard—Novalash. Novalash is the industry leader in lash extension products and their adhesive is one of the only waterproof and oil safe lash adhesives on the market. The Lash Studio has done thorough research and testing of multiple lash products to offer the most top-notch products available, and give clients options to safely create their desired lash look.
How long do clients wear their extensions?
Some clients request lash extensions for a special occasion or for vacation trips only. Most clients wear extensions on a regular basis for several years with touch-ups every few weeks. With a proper application technique, the health of natural lashes can be maintained with years of extension wear.
How often do I need to get my lashes touched up?
To maintain the full look touchups are recommended every two to five weeks. Lashes naturally shed at the end of a hair cycle (30-90 days). When over 80 percent of extensions have shed, a full set will be required. Clients with oil-prone skin will require touchups sooner because natural oils will disrupt bonding of the extensions. It's important not to be alarmed when you see an extension shed with an eyelash attached to it. This is a natural process and shows you that your extensions were applied correctly by allowing your lashes to shed as they normally would.
Can I wear mascara with my eyelash extensions?
Mascara isn’t necessary, but it’s okay to apply between touch ups. Some ingredients mascaras contain may break down the adhesive or make it more difficult to properly clean the lash line. This is why we only recommend mascara when a touch up is drawing near and to also avoid waterproof if possible. If you continue to use mascara on a daily basis touch up appointments will be necessary every 2 to 3 weeks.
Can I get my extensions wet?
For years, women with lash extensions were told not to get their lashes wet for 24 hours. But Lash Studio lashes can get wet right after the application! We use the most cutting edge technology to cure the lashes before you walk out our door. This minimizes reactions and irritations as well as avoiding potential allergic reactions.
Are there any activities I should avoid with eyelash extensions?
You should avoid excessively touching your lashes and try not to sleep directly on your lashes. But otherwise you can shower, swim, surf, snorkel and enjoy everyday life without worry.
Why is it important to have a licensed professional work on my lashes?
Always have a trained and certified professional work on your lashes so that you can prolong the health of your lashes for extension wear. Make sure your trained professional is a certified lash extensionist. Lash extensions should NEVER hurt or look clumped together.
What are your aftercare instructions for my lashes?
2. Waterproof mascara and eyeliner's should not be used. Please note that the repeated use of mascara and liners may shorten the lifespan of the eyelash extensions.
3. Curling lash extensions is not recommended. Because the extensions come pre curled, additional curling is not necessary and doing so will shorten the life span of the extensions by compromising the adhesive bond.
5. Use a lash wand every morning and night to fluff your extensions and to reduce tangling.
6. Visit your lash artist for touch ups every 2 to 5 weeks.
7. For the first 24 hours avoid saturating your lashes with steam or high heat. The lash artist will cure the adhesive with a nano mister, so do not be concerned if the lashes get wet with cool water following the application.
8. Avoid lotions and creams near the eye area. Avoid oils near the lashes unless Novalash adhesive is used since it is compatible with oil.
9. Avoid sleeping on the lashes. Products such as the lash cloud or an eye mask may
10. See your lash artist to safely remove lashes and to adjust length, thickness, or curl.
11. We recommend Johnson's baby shampoo for cleansing the lashes. Because the shampoo is highly concentrated, you may opt to make your own foam cleanser (refer to our instruction card). Proper cleansing is necessary to maintain the health of your natural lashes and should be done daily.
13. Growth serums such as Lash & Dr. By Novalash or Latisse are compatible with the extensions. We encourage our clients to use a growth serum if they're going to continue wearing extensions for more than six months to a year. You may purchase Lash and Dr. through us but Latisse is only available through prescription from your doctor. Avoid using a growth serum 24 hours before an appointment and 24 hours after fill.
14. Most eyedrops are safe to use but please consult with your technician beforehand.